How does Dorotea municipality handle the coronavirus situation?
We watch the covid-19 situation closely. We make sure that the vital parts of our organization (healthcare, schools and elderly homes) has enough resources and people. We also do what we can to limit the spread of the virus and help those who are affected in different ways, like the elderly and the local businesses. We collaborate with Region Västerbotten and other municipalities to help each other and keep each other updated.
These are some of the decisions we have made that might affect you:
- The town hall is closed to visitors, unless you have booked a meeting. If you have booked a meeting, call our reception at 0942-140 00 to make sure someone will open the entrance door for you. If you haven't booked a meeting and would like to do so, call our reception as well.
- Bergvattengården is closed to visitors.
- You are strongly advised not to visit the elementary schools. Though if you have booked a meeting with someone at the school, that is fine. If you are uncertain, contact the person with whom you have booked the meeting.
- Group workouts and cinema shows at Medborgarhuset are cancelled for the time being. The gym and the swimming pool are still open, but you need to observe strict hygiene rules. Keep your distance to other people, wipe off the gym equipment you have used and stay at home if you feel ill.
- The library has removed the fees for turning in books too late. If you are 70+ or belong to another at-risk group, the library can deliver books and other media to your home. Call the library at 0942-140 87 for more information.
- If you are worried about the coronavirus situation or need help of some kind, you may call the local church at 0942-14240.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions! Above all, it is incredibly important that you follow the hygiene and social distancing rules set by Folkhälsomyndigheten. You can find them in English on their web page.